Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Day Seven and Eight

Monday was really a bad day emotionally. I literally could not drag my ass out of bed until 9:15 a.m. Coming from someone who is usually up at 6:30, that is late. Once I get up I need to take my thyroid pill (I had to have my thyroid removed in 2002) and cannot eat anything for at least an hour after taking it.

So, after 10:15, I had a smoothie with Vega Smoothie Infusion, banana, frozen mixed berries, cherries, wheat germ and coconut water.

Lunch was a leafy green salad.


Shortly after lunch, I took a really long nap. Depression really makes you tired. When I woke up, it was almost 7 p.m.! So I skipped the raw bar and just had dinner. I was too tired to really think, so I made up a Sunshine burger on whole wheat bun with hummus, spinach and peppers.


No diet Coke on Monday.

Tuesday I had to get up because I had to go to the hospital for an ultrasound. Seems my mammogram has been showing funky stuff, but the ultrasound isn't, so I guess I don't need to worry. Anyway, breakfast was a smoothie again. I was out of coconut water and also the So Delicous coconut milk beverage, so I just used water with the Vega Smootie Infusion, banana, mixed berries, cherries and wheat germ.

Once I got back from that appointment, I had my raw bar. I tried a bite of the Organic Food Bar Active Greens. One bite and I ugh. I threw it out.

So, I tried the Organic Food Bar in Wild Blueberry. Better. Still, they are so oily, it turns my stomach. I won't be buying these once my supply runs out.

After the raw bar, off to another appointment. I had to see my neurologist. Busy morning.

When I got home, I had my salad. Pretty much the same. M asked to have some, he doesn't like the pepperocini, so I left it off his.

I have been making myself a separate dinner from the rest of the family as I am not able to eat what they are eating. I just sauted some peppers and spinach with garlic, sea salt and cracked pepper and had it on a whole wheat pita with hummus. Not much variety. I need ideas.


Snacked on a plum and did have a 12 oz. bottle of diet Coke today. Not bad.

No comments: